No spare tyre

belx

Hello,

I got my Approved used A3 last week. It is a 2021 A3 Sportback 30 TFSI.

I had a look in the boot today and there is no spare tyre but there is a space for it. I called up my dealership and they said that you only get a repair kit and no spare tyre. Is this true or should ask to have a tyre?

Welcome to the Audi Owners Club !

Good to have you onboard

Hello Bel,

Regrettably normally true, but check you at least have the compressor and an aerosol of tyre sealer all in a  black polystyrene type holder, shaped to fit in the spare wheel well.  If you haven’t, then you might consider buying ( or they pay for) a spare wheel ‘kit’.

I you don’t have the shaped holder and compressor etc. then it is possible the car originally came with a ‘proper’ spare wheel, but a previous owner has ‘forgotten’ to replace it in the well! 
A requested copy of the build record should state whether it was originally supplied with a spare wheel. 
Let us know how things progress. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 months later...

Hi. I’ve got a 2022 (8Y) A3 Sportback which came without a spare wheel. 

I’ve just received a space saver I ordered from eBay which I think is from a 8V model but I’m pretty confident it’s the correct one. I haven’t sourced a jack yet; there’s a generic one in Halfords but I’m looking for a scissor jack from an A3 on eBay. There’s a few to choose from but I’m waiting for a bargain. I’ll update back here once I’ve done a test fit of the spare with the size and details if it works!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 9:34 PM, Phil-S said:

Hi. I’ve got a 2022 (8Y) A3 Sportback which came without a spare wheel. 

I’ve just received a space saver I ordered from EBay which I think is from a 8V model but I’m pretty confident it’s the correct one. I haven’t sourced a jack yet; there’s a generic one in Halfords but I’m looking for a scissor jack from an A3 on eBay. There’s a few to choose from but I’m waiting for a bargain. I’ll update back here once I’ve done a test fit of the spare with the size and details if it works!

Glad you got sorted 🙂

As a follow-up to my earlier comment the wheel I got from eBay from an A3 8V does indeed fit my 2022 A3 8Y. 

The wheel you need should have a fitting of 3.5 Jx16 ET25.5 (May look like 31/2…….) which should be stamped on the steel rim somewhere. It has a tyre size 125/70 R16. Don’t always believe what the sellers say it came off or what eBay thinks will fit your car! I think this space saver fits a lot of VAG cars but they charge more if they say it fits an A3 when it came from a Golf! 

I already had a pack of tools (brace, cap remover, towing eye, torx and screwdriver rods etc) but found the full Audi pack on eBay too apparently from a 2021 A3. It’s L shaped styrofoam and sits in the near left corner round the space-saver as you look into the boot. It included all the other tools I had but critically a Jack which was niftilly sandwiched between the styrofoam.

Good luck!

Edited by Phil-S
Wrong part number quoted