Hello hello

Hi there I am just new here, I bought an A6 Saloon from 2007 at a very very good price and so far everything is working perfect, all smooth, I feel like in a spaceship I am so happyyyy. Apologies for my message but I am really happy with my "new" car.

I know some people here have 2015-16 models and think there is no need to be that happy but don't really care :).

Welcome to the forum..... gloat away.

Mine is a 2006 and I love it. Pulls like a train, everything works and my ex wife thinks it worth loads more money than it is. Win win lol. Only down side is my partner (lady in blue) says all Audi drivers are idiots!! Something I can live with 😏

Welcome to the forum :) 

there is no snobbery here! 

All the members are a friendly bunch and will help you with any questions you have :) 

i have a 2002 Audi A6 which my dad bought new and I love it! Doesn't matter about the age of the Audi as all the members in here love Audis!! 

Cheers

steve 

• Like 1

Hi Dan & Steve, 

So happy to hear that and also that you share the same entuziasm :) I am really amazed with the car. I looked for  the 2.0 engine to keep a low consumption, low insurance, tax road etc but the damn car have a monster under the hood and is so smooth even if I rev up to 3500-4000... I feel like Jason Statham but with more hair ;))))

Is not my first car, not at all but is my first serious and real car...

I am still trying to read on the internet what all those buttons do, mirror button, another button another button OMG !!! :)))

I know I will have to update the MMI if is correct said as is showing the red screen and no map juat the voice saying left right in 200 yards etc but I am still at the reading step how to, when, where...

I am more excited to drive this car now than I was at my first VW golf 3 when I passed my driving test 10 years ago...:)))

Thank you for the welcome message guys and hope to be of any help if needed and also share with you how's the weather in Portsmouth at this stage ;))))

As i Say, we all lives Audis here and we are all passionate about the brand! 

The a6 is a cracker by car and so glad your pleased with it :) 

If the weather here in Leicester is anything to go by then it will be rain, rain, rain in Portsmouth! 

Cheers

steve 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcomes, really appreciated...

I will look for a post/topic already open for the mmi and will let you know how it went upgrading mine...

I have downloaded a torrent of 4gb and hopefully it's all there step by step, I just need to buy cd/dvd's and burn them without my gf to know as she thinks that upgrading the android on the phones is illegal, imagine telling her to do this to the car :)))) just kidding, she just said don't touch anything cause I know you, but can't stop guys, there are hundreds of buttons and lights and is all new to me ;))))

I love this car and really can't realise yet is mine, all mine...Jason Statham, you are just a regular guy now...

Can any of you believe the main reason of buying this one is because of his movie? I've seen it recently and was having in mind to buy a BMW 320 2005 old model because of the shape and after seeing the movie again I changed my mind and I am so happy I did it...

I know is not A8 but the engines were too BIG ;)

Sorry I've bored you with this but I couldn' tell anyone till now why Audi A6 :)))

• Like 1

Guys I am not surw if I have to reply here but I have looked for an mmi update topic and can't or not able to to find one. I will ask here but if you can show me where, I would happily do it.

I attach the pictures, can someone help me by saying which version I have? Also I understand MMI is one thing and the maps are something different??? Omg...

I want to update them, downloaded something burned on a cd but when I hit SW update is checking the cd and says no metadata to read or something like that.

I want to update both MMI and maps but not even able to download the proper thing as not sure which version I have, any help?

Apologise if this is not the place to ask this question but I have looked and not very good with the forum/topic/post things...

20170523_134918.jpg

20170523_134818.jpg

20170523_134739.jpg

20170523_134731.jpg

20170523_134721.jpg

20170523_134709.jpg

Hey, congrats on the a6, I've just got a 17 blk ed. And I can't believe how smooth it is but can be driven quick of needed. 

But I like my older a4 better, only because I'm aloud to take it apart and not get told off by the wife. 😅

Red screen means you have mmi2g basic. 

http://www.audi-forums.com/c6-forum/48114-mmi-basic-plus-update-cd.html#/topics/48114?page=2

By reading this you need C6StdPlus_0410 update but be careful as some updates of go wrong will block the system and engage component protection with is hard to fix ( only audi dealer) 

I would advise to go to local audi dealer and ask about update and newest maps 

• Like 1

You're so damn right  Sherazzz :)))))

I was able to put the door lights and when she first saw it last night she asked when I did this and I said it came with the car ;)))) check the pic, nice and eady to replace for £14 the pair

This will be the only tuning I will be doing :)))

20170524_213709.jpg

Hi again guys,

Need your help please. I've been to a small shop and asked about updating satnav and they said I need to go to audi, went to audi and the guy made a phone call to the service guys and said is not possible to do the update(I think this is impossible, but probably they were more interested in selling a car instead of a cd ) anyway I have checked all the forums, all google, downloaded from 4 different places a lot of cd's, burn them and when hit sw update and introduce the CD it says no data on cd....

At this point, I am not even sure what am I doing wrong, trying to update to a much newer version and this is why is not doing it or what? 

I think judging by the pictures my version is 0410. 

In the glove box I have CD Navigation and 6 disc changer next to it.

On the console, I have the following buttons; Media, Radio, Tel, Nav, Name, Info, Car, Setup if this help you knowing what's there.

I really need to do the update and wondered what I am doing wrong.

I don't really care about the phone as I care about the maps on the screen. 

I will buy them but checked on eBay and Amazon and I am not sure which one suits my car and don't want to throw the money away either.

Thank you so much for all your help :(