1st Audi, hello all

Davidas

Hello all, 

Got myself new car, which is Audi A6 Avant. I live in Derby. I noticed few problems with my car already.

Fuel Gage shows more than it actually is.

Central Locking dosent work at all, computer under passengers foot was soaked and replaced. also all connectors too. still dosent work.

Also is it possible to add cruise control and MPG to car ? as mine dosent have them :/ 

thanks

Regards Davidas 

audi.jpeg

Welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly bunch :) 

oh and your a6 looks lovely, sorry to hear your having issues :/ 

whats the mileage of your a6 and what engine does she have? 

tje mpg reading should be on the car computer and I think you could fit cruise control :) 

cheers

steve 

Hi Davidas....welcome to the Forum

Great looking Audi!

Flooded ECU is standard on that model....have replaced one before and had to replace the wiring back to about 1foot back as the wire was dead (black in colour and no continuity). Worth checking the continuity from the connectors back to a known good point in the wiring and replacing any wires that are dead.

Don't remember having to code anything afterwards though but maybe worth resetting the battery for it to recognise the system.

Cheers,   Trevor

4 hours ago, Trevor said:

Hi Davidas....welcome to the Forum

Great looking Audi!

Flooded ECU is standard on that model....have replaced one before and had to replace the wiring back to about 1foot back as the wire was dead (black in colour and no continuity). Worth checking the continuity from the connectors back to a known good point in the wiring and replacing any wires that are dead.

Don't remember having to code anything afterwards though but maybe worth resetting the battery for it to recognise the system.

Cheers,   Trevor

Hi Trevor, 

Thanks for advice, what do you mean by checking continuity ? i replaced all plugs and ECU already.

DSC_0047.JPG

19 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly bunch :) 

oh and your a6 looks lovely, sorry to hear your having issues :/ 

whats the mileage of your a6 and what engine does she have? 

tje mpg reading should be on the car computer and I think you could fit cruise control :) 

cheers

steve 

Thanks for reply Steve, 

its 130 pd engine and 141k on the clock. Have EML on for dodgy EGR, which needs to be blanked, but need to get blanking kit first :)

do you know if i need new dash or it can be activated over PC ? attached my dash for reference , 

thanks 

DSC_0048.JPG

Your welcome :) 

that sounds like a good plan! :) 

nice mileage :) my a6 which has the 2.5tdi engine has covered over 322,500 miles. It is original as well as the gearbox and they have never been rebuilt! 

Your computer is different to mine. My screen is larger. I know you can replace the screen for approx £300 and I would say you would need to do this at least. Alternatively you can replace the dials but I would imagine the ecu would need to be tweaked as well as adding sensors for the computer. 

By the way your not fat from me! I'm in Leicester. And we (the club) are attending vag Tuner Live at donington park. Your more than welcome to come along :) 

Hope iv help :) 

Cheers

steve