Audi warranty

I have my a6 c6 for over 2 years and as im a big car person and i like to know how things work i have took half of the car apart and back :) . I decided to clean up the wheel archers so i took them out and found a rust... so i took all 4 out and im was supprised to find more . I mean its not a lot cosidering the car is from 2006 

But i then looked it up online to see if this is quite common but didnt find anything usefull. On one of the serches i came across audi warraty page that states audi gives 12 years guarantie for rust penetration . Im booked for next week with them so wish me luck .i thought i have nothing to lose :)  I will update the post once i have spoken to them

Here is a pic from front driver side  r0uv4h.png

• Like 1

Good luck Piotr :) 

i believe this was a common fault on the older vag cars but never heard of it on later ones. 

I do hope they sort it for you. 

Cheers

steve 

Hello Piotr,

This reply is probably not going to be of much use, and but it would appear from the photos that the rust is not perforated (through) rust, but more likely to have started as surface rust which has just got worse with time. As I understand it, the warranty applies to perforated rust , so it's possible (likely?) that they will not consider it under guarantee, but good luck, and well worth an assessment.

If it turns out you cannot claim, then I assume you will attempt to deal with this yourself, and I'm sure you will know how to do that, and follow the repair with a good wax treatment of the area with something like Waxoyl.

I hope your claim goes well.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks guys. Like i said i have nothing to lose and its audis job to prove that this is not under warranty not mine :) 

And yes i will tide it up myself if need to but i was planning to use rubberised paint that is designed to protect wheel archers and undercarrages of cars 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Thanks guys. Like i said i have nothing to lose and its audis job to prove that this is not under warranty not mine :) 

And yes i will tide it up myself if need to but i was planning to use rubberised paint that is designed to protect wheel archers and undercarrages of cars 

Exactly nothing to loose and the rubberised paint is a good idea! :) if you do fix it, it might be worth you going that anyway for the longevity of the car :)