Esp fault / steering Angel sesnor

Charlieneville

Hello, 

I have a audi a3 2008 8p bkd 2.0 tdi engine. 

It has a esp/abs fsult - 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Electrical Fault in Circuit which i believe is ths abs pump to ecu connection problem/fault & needs rebuilding. i know that but i also have the streering wheel light on the dash (only come on recently) after i cleaned turbo "overboost problem" first the power streering was fine & now is gone. Code is -  00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85): No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation now this always comes up in 44: streering assiant but comes & goes in :03 abs brake. 

I have tried to do basic settings & streeing limit stop with & without the abs pump connected to ecu. No joy.

Are the two probelms connected?

Do i have to rebuild abs pump ecu before i can do basic settings within streering angel sesnor. 

Could attach full scan to. 

Please help.

Thanks 

Charlie 

Hi Charlie...welcome to the Forum

I would say that the two problems are connected and the only sure fired way to find out is to sort the ABS fault and see if the PAS problem drops off the radar.

Can't see how the turbo overboost problem could affect the PAS though, unless you knocked something when you were working in the turbo area?

Let us know how you get on with it all

Cheers   Trevor

Hello Trevor, 

Thanks for getting back to me, i have sent the abs module off to ecu testing to get repaired hopefully. You may be right about knocking something when cleaning the turbo, cause the streering wheel light come on after. I will have a look today any points what to check/look for? 

Do u know how to reset streering angel sensor?

Thanks 

Charlie 

Hello Charlie,

Not sure if this is going to help or hinder, but we had a similar ESP fault light on a 2006'A3 some time ago, and this turned out to be a fault (common at the time) with the actual ABS unit - valve or valves as I recall. Audi were doing a "part ABS" unit, which cured the problem. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.