Rolling road session.

Southampton Graham

2 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

Sorry guys , i wont be able to attend. My car have developed a mysterious gearbox issue that im having looked at next week. So dont want to risk it on the dyno

Sorry to hear this Piotr, I hope it's nothing serious! 

Sorry more people haven't taken you up on this event Graham. I appreciate your efforts at arranging the event :) 

Cheers

Steve

11 hours ago, Southampton Graham said:

Thanks Steve.

it was something I wanted to do anyway.

You're welcome :) I hope Rob can make it because then you'll have 3 :) 

You'll have good fun, I always enjoy rolling road sessions. I've not had a chance to get the a6 on one yet, but my a6 is still off the road due to a failed brake vacuum pump which is on back order from Audi. Should be mid Jan before the part arrives.

Cheers

Steve

Just had the ok from the boss so I'll be there. It'll be interesting to see what she's got left as the poor girl gets thrashed!

Some time this year I'll be getting her mapped most likely after a service, terra clean and a diagnostics check to make sure all is order 😀. Then I'll be interested to get her back on the dyno to see what she gains 😜. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob82DZL said:

Just had the ok from the boss so I'll be there. It'll be interesting to see what she's got left as the poor girl gets thrashed!

Some time this year I'll be getting her mapped most likely after a service, terra clean and a diagnostics check to make sure all is order 😀. Then I'll be interested to get her back on the dyno to see what she gains 😜. 

Nice one Rob! :) 

Thanks Rob

I  have just e-mailed SRR to let them know.

Address is:-  34 Invincible Rd, Farnborough GU14 7QU

I am  aiming to get there for about 10.15.

Meeting at fleet services (Living the dream!!) for 9.45 to leave for 10, about a 15 minute journey from there.

• Like 1

One thing I'm really keen to find out is how close to the "out the factory" output she is considering my car had the emissions update applied to the ECU (before I bought the car).

I think I'm down on power a bit, or there are just pleanty of mapped 1.9TDI Seat Leon's round near me!

😭

7 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Have fun today all :) 

Hope you're all happy with your results! :) 

Cheers

Steve

Cheers steve

I will post a write up tomorrow with some pictures.

A good day, with an eventful ending

all will become clear tomorrow. :fireman2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Southampton Graham said:

Cheers steve

I will post a write up tomorrow with some pictures.

A good day, with an eventful ending

all will become clear tomorrow. :fireman2:

Nice one Graham :)

ooo can't wait to hear about it now!!! 😀

Cheers

Steve

5 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Nice one Graham :)

ooo can't wait to hear about it now!!! 😀

Cheers

Steve

I won't spoil it! I guarantee you wouldn't guess though!

😂😂

Was good to see my car made pretty much bang on hp as spec'd and 34lb/ft over stock figures. 

Can't wait to get round to getting a stage 1 map put on it hopefully before Audi International this year 😀.

10 hours ago, Rob82DZL said:

I won't spoil it! I guarantee you wouldn't guess though!

😂😂

Was good to see my car made pretty much bang on hp as spec'd and 34lb/ft over stock figures. 

Can't wait to get round to getting a stage 1 map put on it hopefully before Audi International this year 😀.

I can't wait to find out! I've got all sorts running through my head lol 😂

Wow that's good going! Not surprised you're pleased :) 

Sounds good, Rob. But that does remind me I need to sort that show out :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

We duly met at Surry Rolling Road at 10.15 ready to find out what each car was capable of.

Line up  was:-

A3 Sline 170Hp 2011

A3 Sline 170Hp 2011 with remap

S4 With Remap.

When we arrived and went inside to see what was going on there was a BMW M5 about to run up.

This produced an impressive 630Hp.

Once this car was driven off the set up was changed to suit 4 wheel drive cars.

First up was Rob in his A3 Sline 170Hp 2011.

This pictures below show the result. A good readout for a 6 year old car showing it had not lost any power and the torque peaked at 290 Ftlb at 2300 rpm

P1040304.JPG.b6444a78d264dc7baac0c274debfed43.JPGP1040305.JPG.360428450264bf881b8bf1ca46d8576c.JPG

Next up was mine.

A3 Sline 170Hp 2011 with remap.

The result was an increase of about 30Hp to 199.7 and torque peaked at 340ftlb at 2300rpm

So for a basic remap costing £200

P1040306.JPG.5f06320a74fc35d8bd5b9e1b5a61b5c8.JPGP1040307.JPG.c3b27e9fa3753952651c996ef68f287b.JPG

Finally the S4 B6 was set up and run through its paces. This car has had a remap and the owner was interested to see what he has, power wise.  Engine is the V8 4.2Lite engine

As can be seen below the result was 332Hp and Torque was 312 ftlb at 3500rpm 

P1040308.JPG.8c4d3f93c1f28c1d46144df16cbff80e.JPGP1040309.JPG.f673c35b6e0808a2104b615e3b79fe4c.JPG

Thanks to Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road who helped make this happen.

They regularly run £40 Saturdays so always worth a look if you want to check your car out.

Once this was finished we decided to retire to the local pub for a drink and chat about the results, thinking the action of the day had finished the S4 owner departed leaving myself, my wife the good Mrs F, and Rob.

Suddenly the manager of the day came running out of the kitchen with the fire alarms going and we were evacuated to the local car park.  It turns out the Pork belly had decided to catch fire in the oven and the chef opened the door but did not shut it allowing more oxygen in to get the fire really going.

Within minutes 4 fire appeared and the fire was successfully extinguished.  Unfortunately we were unable to leave as the cars were blocked in for about an hour while the fire was put out.

A couple of lessons to learn here

·         Take your class of wine with you (Mrs F) when evacuating

·         Have a tab running.

We were not allowed back in as the pub was closed for the rest of the day and all bar bills were cleared.

P1040310.JPG.08741e8ba11bb59d706ea3bd99ad878a.JPGP1040310.JPG.08741e8ba11bb59d706ea3bd99ad878a.JPG

An eventful end to a good morning.

See you all at Beaulieu

Graham

• Thanks 1

Great write up Graham :) and great pics :) 

Definitely seems like you all had fun a d it certainly had an eventful ending!!! 

Looking forward to meeting you at Beaulieu :) 

Cheers

Steve

9 hours ago, Southampton Graham said:

Thanks steve

I noticed Rob had an Audi owners club sticker on the side of his car.

Do you have any more?

Yep I have more :) I'll give them to you at Beaulieu if that's ok? 

Thanks again for organizing the rolling road day, you did a great job! 👍

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1