Old school steering lock

Steve Rogers

My A3 has keyless entry and start which means crims can hack the system and make off with my car easily apparently. 

I have a disklok in the shed and it works fine and has both keys. I also have a special cover for the wheel which prevents the lock from scratching and denting the wheel. 

The downside really is the faffing about with the lock. Would you guys say it’s a waste of time based on my theory that crims aren’t interested in a run of the mill model? They only want RS3 etc? 

I have GAP insurance but wouldn’t want all the grief if it got nicked. 

There have been a number of Audi’s stolen in Derby this way this year. 

Thanks 

IV never heard of the Audi system to be hacked. I know the Ford system is terrible and is easy to hack hence why lots of fiesta and focus st's get nicked! 

It can't hurt putting g it on to deter a thief however due to most modern cars have good security the thieves try and do car key burglaries to Nick the keys! 

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

IV never heard of the Audi system to be hacked. I know the Ford system is terrible and is easy to hack hence why lots of fiesta and focus st's get nicked! 

It can't hurt putting g it on to deter a thief however due to most modern cars have good security the thieves try and do car key burglaries to Nick the keys! 

I found some stories on Google that Audi’s and BMW’s have been stolen with this hacking method. Quite quickly too. 

This may be why my 2016 A6 does not have keyless entry... 

Must be a great market out there for keys for "hacked" cars unless they are all to be broken for spares. Breaking and entering may be the easiest option.