Brake servo restricted

Stevie84

Hi,

The same brake servo restricted message and start stop error message happened to me a few days ago out of the blue after a particularly brisk drive through the country side. Mine too is out of warranty and I’ve been getting ready to order the part but I’ve held off as it’s been fine since. Was this just a blip or should I expect to see again soon? It is 2017 S5. Thanks

Do not wait, if it comes on again it could mean the abs pump has failed which could cost up to £3500. Order the sensor ASAP.

52 minutes ago, PHB said:

Do not wait, if it comes on again it could mean the abs pump has failed which could cost up to £3500. Order the sensor ASAP.

No worries, i will be ringing the local dealer first thing. Thank you for the advice

15 hours ago, Andy015626 said:

Hi,

The same brake servo restricted message and start stop error message happened to me a few days ago out of the blue after a particularly brisk drive through the country side. Mine too is out of warranty and I’ve been getting ready to order the part but I’ve held off as it’s been fine since. Was this just a blip or should I expect to see again soon? It is 2017 S5. Thanks

Yes it will come back soon and you will have to change it anyway.  Better to change it anyway as may cause major damage as per some post in this forum.  I had the message and it went away.....but came back next day and stayed since...

3 hours ago, wajira said:

Yes it will come back soon and you will have to change it anyway.  Better to change it anyway as may cause major damage as per some post in this forum.  I had the message and it went away.....but came back next day and stayed since...

Yes i rang the dealer first think and they have managed to get me one that will be delivered tomorrow. One thing worth mentioning is that they could only get hold of ‘5q0906207a’ because ‘5q0906207b’ is pretty much sold out everywhere. Hmmmm!

18 hours ago, Andy015626 said:

Yes i rang the dealer first think and they have managed to get me one that will be delivered tomorrow. One thing worth mentioning is that they could only get hold of ‘5q0906207a’ because ‘5q0906207b’ is pretty much sold out everywhere. Hmmmm!

The serial numbers ending with letter B is the latter version. Better if you can get hold of B version.

2 hours ago, wajira said:

The serial numbers ending with letter B is the latter version. Better if you can get hold of B version.

I picked it up this morning and the dealer said i was lucky to get that. Already sold 3 in the last 24hrs. They are made in China apparently so who knows when more stock will arrive.

2 minutes ago, Andy015626 said:

I picked it up this morning and the dealer said i was lucky to get that. Already sold 3 in the last 24hrs. They are made in China apparently so who knows when more stock will arrive.

In case it's helpful to anyone, when I ordered the part last week from Cardiff Audi (who deliver natinoally), they said they have them on their shelves. It was the latest version with B at the end of the part number.

Hi All,

2017 Audi A4, same issue yesterday (luckily just arriving home). Has been parked up for long periods (up to 4 weeks) during lockdown. 

Thank you to all the advice on this thread and particularly to Ambrose, I'm going to order the part today and try and fit it myself. It's completely out of my comfort zone but the video is really useful so will give it a go.

Mark

Hi everyone,

recently joined this forum after purchasing (2weeks ago) a 2017 a4 avant. First family outting in it and the “Brake Servo Restricted” fault came up. Brakes “seem” normal but have booked it in for warranty repair this Friday so will give any feedback from dealership. Just wanted to say thank you to all of the knowledgeable people who have shared on here! Very grateful!

Hi all

Ordered the part after reading on this forum, thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Just to let everyone know when part arrived (Northampton Audi) it had no A or B suffix so don't know witch one it is, Very happy though as all errors have disappeared. Thanks to this forum

• Like 1

Hi guys

New to the forum but got the "Brake servo and Stop/Stop" error messages a few days ago on my late 2016 B9 A4. I rang Audi and the nearest garage won't be able to see it until mid July! I've booked it in but now just reading this thread I'm looking at how I can get it fixed earlier.

I bought the car second hand in April and it comes with 6 months of a Customer Protect silver plus warranty. Has anyone had this before and would it cover this repair? 

Thanks in advance for any help and to everyone for all the great info.

12 hours ago, GengisSaj said:

Hi guys

New to the forum but got the "Brake servo and Stop/Stop" error messages a few days ago on my late 2016 B9 A4. I rang Audi and the nearest garage won't be able to see it until mid July! I've booked it in but now just reading this thread I'm looking at how I can get it fixed earlier.

I bought the car second hand in April and it comes with 6 months of a Customer Protect silver plus warranty. Has anyone had this before and would it cover this repair? 

Thanks in advance for any help and to everyone for all the great info.

Definitely worth asking the warranty company/dealer. But most of these warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on. From the looks of things the part is easy to install. 

On 6/20/2021 at 8:31 AM, Steve Q said:

Definitely worth asking the warranty company/dealer. But most of these warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on. From the looks of things the part is easy to install. 

Thanks Steve for the reply.

Just to update, I've called them up, auto protect, and I could either take it to a garage that uses them for claims or go to an independent and get them to claim through a portal. For ease I'm just going to the recommend Halfords, whatever happens both garages are gonna charge me for a diagnostics test but fingers crossed the actual repair cost will be covered. I'll let you guys know!

Hi, 

I've had the same issue with my audi a4 so I rang them last week when I had the red warning come on saying brake warning. I have had a call from them this afternoon saying the whole ABS system needs replacing and it will be £3400. Is there anything I can do?

Did you take it to an Audi Garage and have they tried changing  the sensor. Before you agree to the work get in contact with the UK Audi MD, his address  is andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk who claimed when I contacted him that Audi are not aware of this issue.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, PHB said:

Did you take it to an Audi Garage and have they tried changing  the sensor. Before you agree to the work get in contact with the UK Audi MD, his address  is andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk who claimed when I contacted him that Audi are not aware of this issue.

I recommend doing this as well, though can take a couple of days to get a reply (off his assistant). I was lucky enough to get the sensor swapped before any real damage, but they won't do anything once you've got the problem fixed.

1 hour ago, PHB said:

Thank you, I have sent an email. My part is due to arrive tomorrow, I've asked him if he can fit it for me at an Audi garage without charge. 

15 hours ago, GengisSaj said:

Thanks Steve for the reply.

Just to update, I've called them up, auto protect, and I could either take it to a garage that uses them for claims or go to an independent and get them to claim through a portal. For ease I'm just going to the recommend Halfords, whatever happens both garages are gonna charge me for a diagnostics test but fingers crossed the actual repair cost will be covered. I'll let you guys know!

Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly for you ☺️

I've had a call back after sending the email to Audi..

They are not aware of the issue but thanked me for raising it. Told me I should have purchased extended warranty. Said it's my decision what I do, but unless everyone takes it to Audi they won't know about it and issue any recall/replacement.

Standard answer really, but the more than send it through the more they are aware.

Dropped the car off this morning to Halfords and noticed that the error message didn't appear. They've just called me to say after the diagnosis check that there is no issue and now they will drive it around to see if it pops up.

Pretty sure they won't find anything,  but I've been insisting the brake pressure sensor needs to change but the guy doesn't even know what it is! Not holding my breath and not sure what to do now. (Not super confident on changing the part myself, and if the warning message has gone do I need to).

I've got no availability with Audi until Aug and even then not sure they will find anything from the diagnostics check.

44 minutes ago, GengisSaj said:

Dropped the car off this morning to Halfords and noticed that the error message didn't appear. They've just called me to say after the diagnosis check that there is no issue and now they will drive it around to see if it pops up.

Pretty sure they won't find anything,  but I've been insisting the brake pressure sensor needs to change but the guy doesn't even know what it is! Not holding my breath and not sure what to do now. (Not super confident on changing the part myself, and if the warning message has gone do I need to).

I've got no availability with Audi until Aug and even then not sure they will find anything from the diagnostics check.

Alot of information here on this site even a video, I would change the senor "asap" I was not confident , but I did it,I even ordered my part in from eBay & it has worked for me.

I've had the same two warning messages come up last Thursday the 17th and thankfully this thread was one of the first places I checked and immediately stopped driving my car as it wasn't worth the risk of bigger scale problems down the line.

I live in Bolton and the brake pressure sensor wasn't available at Audi Bolton, nor in Liverpool where they said they had a few in stock so finally managed to locate one (Part No. A5Q0906207B) in Shrewsbury at a cost of £79.60 and got it delivered to me. Quite an indication of the widespread scale of this issue that the nearest part was 85 miles away but have managed to replace it myself this morning quite easily, again thanks to the help provided on this thread and the warning messages have both disappeared.

I've also emailed Audi Customer Services and am expecting a call back this week so hopefully they will take notice of this issue and do something about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, liquid said:

Alot of information here on this site even a video, I would change the senor "asap" I was not confident , but I did it,I even ordered my part in from Ebay & it has worked for me.

You're right mate, I should just get on and do it myself.

But! another twist in this roller coaster, Halfords has managed to get the error messages. They then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't guarantee changing the sensor would make it go away,  so wouldn't do the work. I used the info from the thread to argue it and they went away did some googling and now will do the work!

Only issue is getting the insurance company to pay for it, but at this point if they won't I'm just gonna pay (the part was coming out at £90 + their labour charges) 

Apologies for taking over the thread as well! 

17 hours ago, GengisSaj said:

You're right mate, I should just get on and do it myself.

But! another twist in this roller coaster, Halfords has managed to get the error messages. They then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't guarantee changing the sensor would make it go away,  so wouldn't do the work. I used the info from the thread to argue it and they went away did some googling and now will do the work!

Only issue is getting the insurance company to pay for it, but at this point if they won't I'm just gonna pay (the part was coming out at £90 + their labour charges) 

Apologies for taking over the thread as well! 

Don't worry about that. Just glad the thread has helped you ☺️ let's hope the warranty pays out 👍