Brake servo restricted

Stevie84

Sorry to hear on your troubles Claudster!

It's disgusting and an outright lie that Audi claim that they are unaware of the issue.

I believe a number of people on this forum have informed Audi of the issue.

Maybe someone can consult a class action lawyer/motoring organsiation to push our cases?

All Audi need to do is send out a recall notice and update the onboard computer to change the message so when the sensor fails, it should notify the driver to stop driving, park up and contact the dealer (not that it's ok to continue driving as it currently does).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I have the same issue I just got my ecu fixed and now this sensor is on dash and I believe it needs the new sensor, is it safe to drive the car until I get it into mechanic to get it fixed? 

46 minutes ago, Teri said:

Hey I have the same issue I just got my ecu fixed and now this sensor is on dash and I believe it needs the new sensor, is it safe to drive the car until I get it into mechanic to get it fixed? 

Hi,

It's well worth reading the whole thread (it will answer all your questions and gives the sensor part code and fitting instructions).

Essentially I wouldn't bother driving it if possible until the sensor is changed - you are at risk of a heavy expensive bill to replace your ABS module!

The sensor can be picked up from eBay for around £20 (a chinese copy) or £90 (OEM from Audi) and swapping the sensor literally takes 2 minutes (it's so simple).

Well done moving swiftly Teresa. I do hope that all sorts out with the new sensor.  I was unlucky in that I believed the on board advice which said that I could continue driving and ended up with the full expenditure £3k +. I didn’t find this great forum in time..

Audi are quite shameless that they haven’t issued a recall.