Esp light wont go out

sharpygti

Hello. I have a 2005 a3 8p 2.0 tfsi. It started when I bought some 2010 s3 clocks. I plugged them in to see what they would look like and ever since the esp light has been on. I have had it on vcds and these codes came up but i cant get the codes to clear. I've read about zeroing the sensors but I cant get that to work. 

Any help would be great as i need mot

20210515_145316.jpg

I have read all that but this only happened when I removed the clocks, tried the s3 clocks in and then put the original clocks back in.. I had an abs light on, a steering wheel light and the esp light on. When I started to drive  the car the steering wheel and abs lights went out but the esp light has stayed on. I have read about having to reset the sensors on vcds but when I tried to do this it just says error. 

So I'm stuck on what to do now. 

I can't speak for the a3 8p but I Know on older volkswagens (golf Mk4 era) you had to change over the ECU with the clocks to make them work properly, abd they had to be coded to the car. 

Yeah I know about that but I've put the standard clocks back in. So all should be good. I've just been reading on Ross-tech about having to recode the module and the settings have been lost?? 

2 hours ago, sharpygti said:

Can anyone tell me why I cant do the basic settings? 

Hi if you did not save the codings from the original set up and write them down you won't be able to do it especially if you had no long coding for the new clocks they would not have worked properly either, so now the BCM has spat its dummy out.

Steve.

Hi just a thought but is your VCDS an original Ross Tech version or A cracked version off of the web, I have both and there are definitely a lot of things you can't do with the cracked version.

Steve.