Holding up Boot liner

Greg71

Hi Guys,

Whenever I want to get to my spare wheel in my A6 C7 Avant,  I have to hold up the boot liner with my head, which then puts strain on my back getting the wheel out. Does anyone have a way of holding it up for this?

Hello Greg,

There should be a short strap on the raisable floor base panel, that hooks into a plastic hook under the ‘parcel shelf’. That will hold the floor base in its raised position - well at least our humble 2006 has such an arrangement. That same short strap is what you grab to actually lift the base panel. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately,  no such set up on my 2015 plate. A flush handle lifts up to raise, but then has no way of securing it in the up position while you access the spare wheel. 

Thanks again mate.

Thanks Greg,

Can any other owners confirm that Greg’s car isn’t actually missing some hold-up facility? 
If not, does anyone have some designed modification to sort this! 
Hoping someone can help. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Just a thought Greg:- our recently replaced non-Audi saloon had a similar recessed lifting handle in the boot floor, and when raised, this handle clipped over the rubber boot seal - which then held it in the raised position. Any possibility yours might do the same? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...