Q5 stage 1 tune

paul p

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had a stage 1 tune done on a Q5? I've got a 16 plate 190bhp and am wondering if the claimed 20ish bhp horsepower makes any difference, I'm hoping for a bit more acceleration really, not expecting a rocket. Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...

Been looking into this myself, got the following quote for £299

Original Power: 188 bhp

Tuned Power: 225 bhp

Increase: +20%

Original Torque: 400 Nm

Tuned Torque: 470 Nm

Increase: 18%

You may also see a fuel saving of up to 10% (driver dependent) as well as increased throttle response and drivability

Hello again Gideon,

This is the same vehicle that you are intending buying?? 
Is it fair to ask why you are considering putting this 80k mileage engine under additional strain - do you really need the extra power? 
I take it you are at least going to renew the air filter before you undertake this, and ideally renew the engine oil and filter, unless it’s recently been done. 
I’m sure you will be aware that this will probably increase your insurance premium, but…

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

On 12/16/2023 at 4:10 PM, Magnet said:

Hello again Gideon,

This is the same vehicle that you are intending buying?? 
Is it fair to ask why you are considering putting this 80k mileage engine under additional strain - do you really need the extra power? 
I take it you are at least going to renew the air filter before you undertake this, and ideally renew the engine oil and filter, unless it’s recently been done. 
I’m sure you will be aware that this will probably increase your insurance premium, but…

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hey there Gareth,

I am after more MPG, as on average, once a fortnight I will be making a trip from Falmouth to Staffordshire so an increase in MPG is desirable

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 3:44 PM, Giddy72 said:

quote for £299

Hi Gideon,

That's a good price.  Is it a standard 'map', or what I recommend is doing a rolling road remap?

If it is a rolling road remap, that is a great price, and you'll have to tell us which company.

Thanks, Joe