Hello Advice please A6 3.0TDI S Line Le Mans New Brakes

J19 WOB

Hello all

I have a Audi A6 3.0TDI S Line Le Mans

So far I have Upgraded -

The exhaust to quad exits like the S6 and it sounds incredible. Had to buy a rear diffuser off a S6 to accommodate them.

Proffesional Re Map and that made so much difference in top end acceleration and throttle response. 

Replaced the grill with a New RS6 grill all in glossy black including the badge. 

Rear window tints in limo on top of factory tints so it's completely black from the outside, looks superb.

Front and back lights slightly tinted but not to much as I don't like them too black as you need them to see and reflect.

All the interior lights replaced with white led which really improves the look inside much more modern. 

4x Uniroyal Rainsport 3's because in my mind it's mostly raining here in England and they really are good in the wet. 

Wind deflectors on all windows

and now I'm thinking of brakes. It doesn't stop quick enough at the moment because it's got cheap pads on. 

What pads are people using and if I get ceramic ones will the brake system fry under a lot of hard braking. I am going back to the Nurburgring soon and I don't want them to fade to much as they do now. 

Do people have vented discs and are they good? Is there much difference? Has anyone done a full upgrade all round or found a big brake kit for the C6? Thanks in advance. 

I have already been to the Nurburgring in this car and a few others and fried the brakes every time and had to take breaks between laps. I can't wait to go back and do it again though.lkj

IMG_7134.JPG

IMG_6328.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

IMG_6648.PNG

IMG_7352.PNG

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3600.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

IMG_2994.JPG

IMG_5297.JPG

IMG_5304.JPG

IMG_5792.JPG

IMG_5852.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

Have to say the rear twin outlets look awesome!! What horses did the remap take it to?

rainsport 3's are my tyre of choice too. You will be surprised how good they are on dry tarmac too.

brakes wise, you already have vented discs as standard. Do you mean you are thinking getting drilled a grooved ones? These will help keep temps down a bit for track racing plus try green/red/black stuff pads. I would also seriously consider flushing the brake system out and replacing with silicon based fluid. I am sure from memory it has a higher boiling point but also lasts much longer than standard DOT 4.

If you are really serious about track days, a bit of ducting aiming air at discs will make an enormous difference too.

are you still running the standard IC?

• Like 1

Hi .... and welcome to the Forum

If you are interested, there is a Road Trip section in this Forum and it would be interesting to read the story behind the great pictures you have posted.

Good to have you onboard and hope some more members come up with some info on your braking issues.

Cheers,  Trevor

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 3:45 PM, J19 WOB said:

IMG_6328.JPG

Hi mate, lovely motor. What did you use to tint your lights? Looking to get mine done on my A3 and your shade is perfect. Not too dark, just a nice light tint. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello sorry I've not got back to you all sooner. Supposedly after the remap it is upwards of 260bhp.

my Audi does not seem to have vented discs standard which I find odd as I've seen them on a lot of other Le Mans, I have some new brake pads now 

I went for ATE all round and they are not bad at all. I also used some Brembo brake fluid.

i will have a look at the road trips forum now thanks.

i have my lights tinted with normal window tint in a smoked shade rather than limo black to save me hassle from the police and I think they look perfect. 

• Like 1

Genuinely not being rude here mate, are you confusing vented brakes with drilled and grooved brakes. Even Fiat pandas have vented brakes on the fronts??

• 2 weeks later...

Lol,

Piotr's advice is best then. If you hav drilled and vented you actually loose some surface area of the disk and therefore actual so you really should consider going bigger in diameter and aiding cooling with drilled and groves, better pads and better heat rated fluid 👍