Weekend

Well the weekend is here what`s everyone got planned, for me its mostly work but evenings are mine so tonight is mostly a cider night, upside of working is i don`t get dragged kicking and screaming like a spoilt brat round the supermarkets :yahoo:

• Like 1

We are going for a day trip to Brean Sands in my A1. I have only had it a week so it will be it's first proper long run. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baggy said:

We are going for a day trip to Brean Sands in my A1. I have only had it a week so it will be it's first proper long run. :)

Sounds good Rob :) hope you have fun!

3 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

Well the weekend is here what`s everyone got planned, for me its mostly work but evenings are mine so tonight is mostly a cider night, upside of working is i don`t get dragged kicking and screaming like a spoilt brat round the supermarkets :yahoo:

I know how you feel Paul, I have work too! 

• Like 1

Currently laid on the floor with a fire on to keep a Raven the Megan destroying Dal. She came home from the vets tonight amazingly. She is a mess like but has some amount of will for life. She even smiled for me when I came home. 

Might get a bit of wallpapering done over next few days though...... I know, living the dream!?!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dan3222 said:

Currently laid on the floor with a fire on to keep a Raven the Megan destroying Dal. She came home from the vets tonight amazingly. She is a mess like but has some amount of will for life. She even smiled for me when I came home. 

Might get a bit of wallpapering done over next few days though...... I know, living the dream!?!

Our Rotti off to the vets soon, not as bad as your dog, just licking himself to death pretty sure its just dry skin condition even so its still £30 just to get in the door and then whatever they add on top always happens when cash is short :(

Good to hear your dog is putting up a fight, hope its back to full health soon m8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul A6 said:

Our Rotti off to the vets soon, not as bad as your dog, just licking himself to death pretty sure its just dry skin condition even so its still £30 just to get in the door and then whatever they add on top always happens when cash is short :(

Good to hear your dog is putting up a fight, hope its back to full health soon m8

Tell me about it, we seem to have suffered from the holiday commitment curse. We put deposit down on holiday, 2 weeks later girlfriends car got an electrical fault that even Mitshubishi couldn't sort. So we traded that in on a 3yr old Mazda 3 (lovely car btw but I couldn't get her to get an Audi because she doesn't like them!! Long story) savings gone!! Then this! In fareness the vets bill is only £580 which is much less than I thought it would be but I am waiting for the bill to fix the blokes car too. Never rains but it pours hey!

Hope u get to bottom of the rotti licking.

Well £67 later and turns out to be fleas even though he has spot on flea treatment, just goes to show the off the shelve stuff  does not really work that well, oh hum there goes my beer money lol

Could have been worse news though. The on the shelf flea stuff is not really that strong. Buy some spray to treat the dogs favourite sleeping places too, from the shelf stuff is fine for that though!!

Out of interest, what are the extra features of the Le Mans over the S-line?

Dan3222 I found this info:

The Audi A6 Le Mans Edition with its race-winning engine technology, stands out with distinctive 19” alloy wheels, metallic paint and rear acoustic parking system. Once inside you’ll discover heated front seats and subtle interior lighting featuring LED technology.

The equipment Audi include over and above the S-line model....The biggest change comes with the fitment of 19-inch alloy wheels that serve to give the A6 a real ground-hugging stance.

Peer inside and theres full Volterra leather upholstery, heated front sports seats, rear acoustic parking sensors and upgraded LED interior lighting. On top of that, theres standard metallic or pearl effect paintwork. The S-line trim level is already generously specified with 30mm lowered sports suspension, an uprated braking system, cruise control, fascia inlays in brushed aluminium, a three-spoke sports steering wheel and Audis Multi Media Interface controlling a 10-speaker audio system with CD changer.

• Like 1

That makes a lot of sense, the boy I bought my A6 from said he had given it an interior Le Mans upgrade. Basically other than not having the 3.0 mine just has the 18" wheels. 

I was really impressed with the A1 on the motorway. It was a dream to drive, especially in the pouring rain on the way home!! 

• Like 1

had my car out on the A303 duel carriageway  tonight had to meet a client and homebound was a nice clear road knock it into s mode and hit 147 mph was heart thumping but fun and i think there was more to be had if i wanted too

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Baggy said:

I was really impressed with the A1 on the motorway. It was a dream to drive, especially in the pouring rain on the way home!! 

Glad your pleased with your a1 Rob :) 

2 hours ago, Baggy said:

Thanks. I have just finished spending a couple of hours washing it and using a clay bar before the rain comes!!

_20170730_132039.JPG

_20170730_132138.JPG

_20170730_132109.JPG

Looking good!

how do you find the clay bars? Iv never used them but I am abit of a car cleaning novice lol 

20 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Looking good!

how do you find the clay bars? Iv never used them but I am abit of a car cleaning novice lol 

This is only the 2nd time I have used one. I use the Maguire's Clay bar kit with the detailing polish. After washing and drying the car, spray the polish on the car and rub with the clay bar and then wipe cwith a microfibre cloth. As long as you keep the paint lubricated with the spray it's fine. It makes the paintwork shiny and feels like glass to touch. It's really good.

I split the bar into 3 because for a car like an A1 you should get 3 uses out of the spray.

Halfords are doing their 3 for 2 offer at the moment on Maguire's products as well. The kit is £19.99 there. 😀

17 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

This is my sunday :) . full paint decontamination and wax.

1. Wash 2. Claybar 3.wash 4. Ironx . 5 wash 6. Dry . Wax :)

20170730_172431.jpg

20170730_172321.jpg

20170730_173543.jpg

Looks really good :thumbup1:

It makes it worth while doesn't it when you step back and see how your pride and joy looks. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baggy said:

This is only the 2nd time I have used one. I use the Maguire's Clay bar kit with the detailing polish. After washing and drying the car, spray the polish on the car and rub with the clay bar and then wipe cwith a microfibre cloth. As long as you keep the paint lubricated with the spray it's fine. It makes the paintwork shiny and feels like glass to touch. It's really good.

I split the bar into 3 because for a car like an A1 you should get 3 uses out of the spray.

Halfords are doing their 3 for 2 offer at the moment on Maguire's products as well. The kit is £19.99 there. 😀

Thanks for that Rob :) 

On 7/29/2017 at 4:11 PM, Paul A6 said:

Dan3222 I found this info:

The Audi A6 Le Mans Edition with its race-winning engine technology, stands out with distinctive 19” alloy wheels, metallic paint and rear acoustic parking system. Once inside you’ll discover heated front seats and subtle interior lighting featuring LED technology.

The equipment Audi include over and above the S-line model....The biggest change comes with the fitment of 19-inch alloy wheels that serve to give the A6 a real ground-hugging stance.

Peer inside and theres full Volterra leather upholstery, heated front sports seats, rear acoustic parking sensors and upgraded LED interior lighting. On top of that, theres standard metallic or pearl effect paintwork. The S-line trim level is already generously specified with 30mm lowered sports suspension, an uprated braking system, cruise control, fascia inlays in brushed aluminium, a three-spoke sports steering wheel and Audis Multi Media Interface controlling a 10-speaker audio system with CD changer.

Exactly like mine but i have 13 speaker DPS Bose