Dash cam footage

Baggy

makes for interesting viewing if nothing else, lol

The problem with Dash Cams is that they can also condemn your driving as well...speed, positioning, courtesy, etc....not to mention the bad language I use when driving

Don't think I would share mine

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

makes for interesting viewing if nothing else, lol

The problem with Dash Cams is that they can also condemn your driving as well...speed, positioning, courtesy, etc....not to mention the bad language I use when driving

Don't think I would share mine

Yup same, once I get annoyed (other naughty work that gets taken off here) I can tend to swear quite a lot lol.

2 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

I like this idea . How many times when driving some idiot will put you or other users in danger and you think if only a police car was around...

This is true, there have been many times whilst driving I've gone only if I had a dash cam lol or only if the police was around!

I`m looking into fitting a dash cam in my car to cover me in an accident, its just a matter of which one the market seems flooded with them now and i dont want an expensive one if i can help it, not worried about a mic on or off i`m a calm person and dont really react to anything thats going to get me into a road rage situation 

currently looking at buying this one

DOUBLE CAMERA DIGITAL JOURNEY RECORDER

http://www.autochoicedirect.co.uk/product/streetwize-double-camera-digital-journey-recorder/

• Like 1

I have the Nextbase 112. Some insurance companies have reduced insurance for Nextbase cameras. It records in 3 minute videos and overwrites when the card is full. It has collision detection so locks the current video if in an accident.

It also starts recording if your car moves like someone hitting it in a car park.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=306753&productId=1283126&storeId=10001

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baggy said:

I have the Nextbase 112. Some insurance companies have reduced insurance for Nextbase cameras. It records in 3 minute videos and overwrites when the card is full. It has collision detection so locks the current video if in an accident.

It also starts recording if your car moves like someone hitting it in a car park.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=306753&productId=1283126&storeId=10001

After looking round i have found this and may seriously consider it a bit expensive but can always come with me should i ever change cars 

Thinkware F770 Full HD 1080p with super night vision. Front and rear dash cam Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thinkware-1080p-super-vision-Sensor/dp/B01LKCSR88

• Like 1

Just now, niedzial1983 said:

I have nextbase 312gw wifi gps . I have hardwired myself 

Great little camera under £100 from halfords 

i dont like to mess with electrics i have no idea what i`m doing lol

2 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Mate you can do it . Its easy :) also halfords can fit it for you if need to

if the instructions are idiot proof then i can give it a go if not  then off to the garage it goes lol

Just now, Paul A6 said:

if the instructions are idiot proof then i can give it a go if not off then off to the garage it goes lol

Buy the cam and nextbase hardwire kit. I can doit for you before the castle coombe :) its 10 min of work

1 minute ago, niedzial1983 said:

Buy the cam and nextbase hardwire kit. I can doit for you before the castle coombe :) its 10 min of work

i believe it comes with 8m of wiring kit and if thats enough then thank you for the offer i may learn something lol

1 minute ago, Paul A6 said:

i believe it comes with 8m of wiring kit and if thats enough then thank you for the offer i may learn something lol

Hardwire kit is sold seperatly unless they have some kind of promotion i dont know about 

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-312gw

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit

was going to order this one:

Thinkware F770 Full HD 1080p with super night vision. Front and rear dash cam Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor

Comprises:
• Thinkware F770 Dash Cam
• Thinkware F770 Rear Camera
• Mount with 3M tape
• Cigarette jack power adaptor
• Adhesive cable holder
• Hardwiring cable kit (hardwire cable is recommended to be installed professionally)
• 16GB Micro SD memory card
• USB Micro SD card reader

13 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

was going to order this one:

Comprises:
• Thinkware F770 Dash Cam
• Thinkware F770 Rear Camera
• Mount with 3M tape
• Cigarette jack power adaptor
• Adhesive cable holder
• Hardwiring cable kit (hardwire cable is recommended to be installed professionally)
• 16GB Micro SD memory card
• USB Micro SD card reader

Same instalation process apart from the usb cable that conects the rear camera 

53 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

lets hope my insurance company knocks off a few ££££

you may have to have it installed by a garage as insurance ppl probably will ask for a proof of some sort that is was done to a standard