Audi A3 8P 1.2 TFSI Oil Pressure Warning Light

Ricky Lal

Hi all,

I need some advise. I recently had my service on my audi a3 8p and following the service, the car sounds like a tractor on start-up and quietens down upon the engine warming up.

Additionally the oil pressure dash warning appears once the enginer warms up and driving at a low speed. Once I speed up the warning light dissapears.

Oil and sensor has been changed, and I have been advised it could be the oil pump itself. 

Does anyone have any advise or experience with a similar issue.

It could well be the oil pump or some of the main or big end bearings. It could also be a timing chain or a hydraulic valve depending on the engine, which you have told us nothing about. No sensible answer can be given until you give us some details. How many miles has the car done? How old is it? Does it have a full service history?

And just to be clear, are you are saying the problem only appeared after the service?

• Like 2

Hello poster,

Could you please complete your profile. 

Did this sound and low oil pressure warning appear immediately (in caps)after the service, and was there any ( in caps’ evidence of either issue before you took it in for the service? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

When I had this on my A6 c5 I had a full oil flush twice to get the system clear. Definitely worth you getting an oil flush. 

If problem persists you might need a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up regarding a sensor. 

As the problem began immediately after a service I would take the car straight back to the garage that did the work. I am not saying the garage is definitely negligent in its work, but it surely has a responsibility to ensure the car is returned to you in no worse a condition than when you took it in.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

Resolution was found. The oil filter was faulty which had caused the oil pressure warning. Sensor was also changed as precaution.

Thanks for the advice from all above.

Kind regards

Ricky