Tyre pressure sticker missing

CristianG13

Hi everyone, 

I recently bought a second hand A5, 18 plate, the V6 TDI.

The tyre pressure sticker is missing and the manual says to check it and has no other info.

Can anyone please share a picture of theirs?

And the engine size will make a difference for the pressure? The 3l having to have a slightly higher pressure than the 2l engine

Edited by CristianG13

Certainly well worth following Steve’s advice Cristian, and taking a trip into your local dealer, armed with the VIN. If you talk nicely  to them, then they would probably tell you what the correct load-free and loaded pressures are for you wheel and tyre size, but having a sticker and returning it originality is the best option. 
Perhaps you could let us know the outcome.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Certainly well worth following Steve’s advice Cristian, and taking a trip into your local dealer, armed with the VIN. If you talk nicely  to them, then they would probably tell you what the correct load-free and loaded pressures are for you wheel and tyre size, but having a sticker and returning it originality is the best option. 
Perhaps you could let us know the outcome.

Kind regards,

Hi Gareth, this is the best course of action it seems.

I gave them a ring a few weeks back but they had all the mechanics busy at the time and they've took my details to arrange a call back but they didn't follow through.

Good point on getting the sticker back on the car. I'll give them a ring and ask if they can help with this as well.

Tyre pressure wise I found some pictures online with them but it's hard to know if the info is indeed from this model year or not

Kind regards, 

Cristian

Edited by CristianG13

Thanks Cristian,

If this were mine, I would be paying a visit to their parts section, and would be discussing the purchase of a sticker face to face with the actual parts person. 
While you are there, and have ordered the sticker, you could then ask to have a quick chat with the service manager and seek his meanwhile-advice on the correct pressures for the wheel and tyres sizes you have. 
I fear that you will continue to make zero progress over the phone. 
Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth.

16 hours ago, CristianG13 said:

Hi Gareth, this is the best course of action it seems.

I gave them a ring a few weeks back but they had all the mechanics busy at the time and they've took my details to arrange a call back but they didn't follow through.

Good point on getting the sticker back on the car. I'll give them a ring and ask if they can help with this as well.

Tyre pressure wise I found some pictures online with them but it's hard to know if the info is indeed from this model year or not

Kind regards, 

Cristian

You'll need the parts department who will order the sticker.