Door electrics

Robert L Newton

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on this? A3 partial electrics on driver's door not working. The passenger mirror works from the driver's door switch, but the driver's mirror doesn't work, no movement or demisting, also with the door illumination isn't working, but all the windows and the locking button do work from the driver's door buttons. 

I don't know where the break in continuity could be, but all plugs beneath the door cards are connected. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

1 hour ago, Robert L Newton said:

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on this? A3 partial electrics on driver's door not working. The passenger mirror works from the driver's door switch, but the driver's mirror doesn't work, no movement or demisting, also with the door illumination isn't working, but all the windows and the locking button do work from the driver's door buttons. 

I don't know where the break in continuity could be, but all plugs beneath the door cards are connected. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Hi the break will probably be in the rubber boot that runs between the door and the main body these are prone to breaking as the door is most used that side, pull the rubber boot back and inspect the wiring inside.

Steve.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Any update? I've got the EXACT same issue with mine. Luckily the mirror came pretty much in the right place for me lol but it's mildly annoying and I would like the little door light to work