Jump to content

New car order


Wilf
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I’ve just ordered a new A3 edition 1,   1.5 auto, Just wondering if any body has any idea on how long it takes from experience, from order to delivery 

the dealer said late September, but when I’ve ordered new cars in the past it’s always longer, seems a long time to me, or could it be blamed on COVID ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That seems a long time! Usually it's 3 months, but I know there's been an increased demand in cars now that restrictions be are lifting. Delivery time is also affected by the options selected. For example cars with special paint finishes, sunroofs etc take longer. 

Saying that it might take 3 months to build then a further month getting here thanks to covid and brexit etc. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Shytot said:

Don't forget the world chip shortage - it is affecting production right across the board. 

Hadn't realised that's affecting Audi. I know it's affecting jaguar. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Shytot said:

Don't forget the world chip shortage - it is affecting production right across the board. 

Didn’t know their was a chip shortage, that might explain it, if indeed it is longer than usual 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wilf said:

Didn’t know their was a chip shortage, that might explain it, if indeed it is longer than usual 

Definitely. Hadn't realised it affected all brands to be honest

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wilf said:

Thanks you for the info very interesting seems like I have a long wait.  

You're welcome, fingers crossed for you 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Chip shortage will make no difference to lead time, ordered last month and also quoted September delivery. 
 

A3’s are made in Hungary, not ingolstadt and the chip concerned is only used on the R8 according to CARWOW on youtube. I’m hoping this is accurate 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have now been given a build week of 21st June, week 26 and a delivery time of about 3-4 weeks after that so looking good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Wilf said:

I have now been given a build week of 21st June, week 26 and a delivery time of about 3-4 weeks after that so looking good 

Great to hear 👍 you should be able to track the build online I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ordered mine 1 May - got told to expect the car 1 Sept by dealer.

Audi have confirmed that it will go into production this week - if so should get it around the start of August (if all goes to plan!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My expected date given by the dealer was end of September but look to be picking it up maybe mid July would like to track it online but have been told it's unreliable and in any case I can't find the app to track it with, I ordered mine 9th of may, so our timings would be about right. 
What one Have you ordered ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i want  fish  with  my  chips    lol  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wilf said:

My expected date given by the dealer was end of September but look to be picking it up maybe mid July would like to track it online but have been told it's unreliable and in any case I can't find the app to track it with, I ordered mine 9th of may, so our timings would be about right. 
What one Have you ordered ? 

I ordered A3 S Line 2.0 TDI DSG - only option is the Driver's Assistance Pack. To track it you need the Audi order number (dealer should give it to you) and then contact Audi CC via Twitter or Facebook

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered an Edition 1 35 tfsi s tronic last week and was told October/November delivery. Hopefully it’ll come forward a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, NJ2803 said:

I ordered an Edition 1 35 tfsi s tronic last week and was told October/November delivery. Hopefully it’ll come forward a bit. 

I ordered the same 9th of may and was told end of September delivery, being  built            ( born ) next week delivery about 3-4 weeks later, but  may wait until 1st September for 71 plate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 12:42 PM, Wilf said:

I ordered the same 9th of may and was told end of September delivery, being  built            ( born ) next week delivery about 3-4 weeks later, but  may wait until 1st September for 71 plate. 

I’ll get on to it next week and see if they have any updates. If it’s ready before September I may ask like you to wait for the 1st September. I did that a few years ago when I ordered a couple of VWs they were ready February but asked to wait until March. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NJ2803 said:

I’ll get on to it next week and see if they have any updates. If it’s ready before September I may ask like you to wait for the 1st September. I did that a few years ago when I ordered a couple of VWs they were ready February but asked to wait until March. 

 

1 hour ago, NJ2803 said:

I’ll get on to it next week and see if they have any updates. If it’s ready before September I may ask like you to wait for the 1st September. I did that a few years ago when I ordered a couple of VWs they were ready February but asked to wait until March. 

It took about 3-4 weeks before the dealer phoned me with a build week, but I did add a few extras on in the mean time so May have had an adverse effect on the build time, We have in the past just looked at the vehicles in stock and pick one that was best for us, I say us because my wife drives the car 95% of the time, I just clean and refuel it. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found this on another forum regarding build dates: 

Just a heads up to all of you waiting for a build week.
I've been informed that all build week slots for A3 are full until week 29 and that we should be given one after this date. 
Fingers crossed at least that's a little info instead of being totally in the dark”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NJ2803 said:

Found this on another forum regarding build dates: 

Just a heads up to all of you waiting for a build week.
I've been informed that all build week slots for A3 are full until week 29 and that we should be given one after this date. 
Fingers crossed at least that's a little info instead of being totally in the dark”

I'm sure they don't want to hold your build date up unnecessarily so it will get built when it gets built I suppose,  But it's still very frustrating all you want is your new car and now would be good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all 

update,

Phoned dealer today 8/7/21 and was told that our car had not been finished being made as some parts are missing 🤔 ( why would you start a build if you could not finish it due to parts not in stock ?  )  what would you do with a part made car on the assembly line ? 
I  was told I may get the car early August, so I said well l will pick it up in September with a 71 plate then if that’s the case he seemed relieved. 
Not sure I am being given the whole story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wilf said:

Hi all 

update,

Phoned dealer today 8/7/21 and was told that our car had not been finished being made as some parts are missing 🤔 ( why would you start a build if you could not finish it due to parts not in stock ?  )  what would you do with a part made car on the assembly line ? 
I  was told I may get the car early August, so I said well l will pick it up in September with a 71 plate then if that’s the case he seemed relieved. 
Not sure I am being given the whole story. 


I’d be dubious that your car is sitting half built and more likely not even started.

When I was looking around 7-8 weeks ago my dealer put the car I had thought to order into their system and it was coming out as build date Jan 2022. They had 2 I could live with so I went for the red 35 TFSI S-Line DSG with the C&S pack.

Shortage of chips means new car orders are taking a lot longer and also why second hand cars are rising in price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership