Hello all

Me Birt Ram and Claire jumped in my Audi A6 3.0TDI S Line Le Mans and headed for Barcelona via Amsterdam. We stayed in Germany for most of the journey rather than France for obvious reasons and we got there in no time. Even when we did have to go through France we averaged 120mph through the night.

After a few days in Barcelona me and Birt decided to venture on. We headed for Monaco and both had a go driving through the tunnel so we could say when we watch the F1 that we had done it. It's the small things haha. Then decided we wanted to visit a water park Jesolo which is in Italy. So off we went and through the night again it was superb. We ended up in a race with two identical Abarth 500's which you just couldn't make up, it was amazing, we played with them for a while then !Removed! off using the mighty power from the V6.

After visiting the water park we decided that we might as well go to Venice, on the way into Venice you go over a bride covered in speed cameras. Being in a UK registered car I made every single camera flash, that was fun. In Venice we had a wander round got a pizza and then decided it was time so we headed to our favourite place - THE NURBURGRING.  

On the way there we passed through Austria, we have driven through Austria before and loved it so we were very happy to do it again. It didn't let us down. Superb roads and incredible views. Birt got stopped by the police for speeding and tailgating though. €35 Euro each resulting in a €75 on the spot fine and no points or anything like that. Not to bad.

Parked up for the evening in a lay by off a German autobahn I was putting my private reg on as I had just had a phone call to say the new V5 had come in the post at home and a man grabs me. Turns out to be undercover armed police accusing us of stealing the car. After a long time we managed to sort it out even without the V5 and at that point the police had given up. They didn't understand anything about private reg's so by the end they basically just let us drive off and trusted us that we had put the correct reg on.

Once at the Nurburgring we did a few laps each with some time in between to let the brakes cool down and had no drama whatsoever so all good. Always worth visiting if you haven't been.

After that we decided to stop off in Amsterdam for another night on the way home to relax. Best idea ever.

Home safe 

Month or so later recieve a 100mph speeding ticket from the M25 after doing 155mph legally in Germany. Oh !Removed!

IMG_7352.PNG

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7363.JPG

IMG_7365.JPG

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

IMG_7488.JPG

IMG_7492.JPG

IMG_7496.JPG

IMG_7517.JPG

IMG_7524.JPG

IMG_7525.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7561.JPG

IMG_7611.JPG

IMG_7613.JPG

IMG_7627.JPG

IMG_7629.JPG

IMG_7638.JPG

IMG_7640.JPG

IMG_7641.JPG

IMG_7643.JPG

IMG_7648.JPG

IMG_7649.JPG

IMG_7650.JPG

IMG_7652.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

IMG_7657.JPG

IMG_8543.PNG

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Baggy said:

I would love to do a trip like this, I will need to wait until my kids are old enough to stay at home 😞

We could do a joint road trip? We could stay in the uk?! 

Would be awesome to get memebets together for a road trip!  :) 

i already have a trip planned although its 2 years away when my son will then be 6, i`m taking him to the Scottish Highlands a 10 hour drive or so although i have thought about our 1st road trip together to Snowdonia National Park which is on about 4 hours away when he is 5, could do that in a day there and back with time to look around he can always sleep on the way home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aroundno said:

i already have a trip planned although its 2 years away when my son will then be 6, i`m taking him to the Scottish Highlands a 10 hour drive or so although i have thought about our 1st road trip together to Snowdonia National Park which is on about 4 hours away when he is 5, could do that in a day there and back with time to look around he can always sleep on the way home. 

That's a good shout. I was thinking lands end to John o'groats for an Audi road trip! ;) 

• Like 1