My 2006 3.0tdi quattro sline lemans :)

niedzial1983

Ive owned my a6 for 3 years and i thought i will document here all mods/fixes/problems/etc on one thread. I have lots to put on here so it will take some time but please comment/ask and advise if you know anything that i dont :) 

The car is great!!! Audi only made 1000 of 3.0tdi lemans and as far as i know there are around 200 left ... they produced 15 in late 2006 so there is a chance mine is one of the first ever made :)

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2006/07/19/audi-commemorates-r10-tdi-win-with-a6-le-mans-edition/

It has 122k on the clock now and runs like new. It has full sline spec + le mans , ambient light, bose, storage pack, 19" lemans wheels, sport suspention,  and its finished in daytona grey pearl 

Screenshot_20171017-205147.png

One of the first job i wanted to do is to tide up rusty brake callipers and hub. I've spend hours cleaning them up with wire brush. then i have sanded them down with 80 and 400 grit paper. gave them a good wash with degreaser and a paint prep wipes. The key is to mask them well so there is less mess after painting. 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear lacquer. 

few months after i have changed discs as they failed MOT for Pagid

brake_caliper_paint.jpg

next one on the list was the pollen filter. Easy enough job. Mine was in a terrible state so i have ordered a replacement( there are 2 filters ), i went for carbon air filters as they remove dust, pollen and other contaminants from the air, but they also adsorb exhaust fumes and unpleasant odours

Oem part no 4F0819439C

WP_20150726_16_18_32_Pro.jpg

Here is how ...

13 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

One of the first job i wanted to do is to tide up rusty brake callipers and hub. I've spend hours cleaning them up with wire brush. then i have sanded them down with 80 and 400 grit paper. gave them a good wash with degreaser and a paint prep wipes. The key is to mask them well so there is less mess after painting. 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of red and 3 coats of clear lacquer. 

few months after i have changed discs as they failed MOT for Pagid

brake_caliper_paint.jpg

Those calipers look great! :) 

2 minutes ago, Southampton Graham said:

The calipers look great.

It is something I have been considering, so you description and pictures will help alot.

Cheers

its not hard . this helped a lot to get most of the rust off, i think i got it from halfords 

download.jpg

next job was to sort out the centre console as it was scratched in places. As i have already posted a thread about it , here is the link : 

later on i got a nice sline sticker from eBay that goes on the button :)

central_console_wrap.jpg

5 minutes ago, Southampton Graham said:

I did just think about using some rotary wire brushes.  Does the engine enamel take the heat produced by the brakes?

yes, it will be ok unless you run lots of track days then i would not advise to paint at all 

Hey Piotr,

Hope your well.

does the S-line sticker cover the whole surface of the control knob? Mine has started pealing the black rubber paint. I think I prefer the look of the sticker though any way.

Dan

i have done a lot of research on vcds mods for my a6 . One of the first ones was to activate visual parking aid ( mine is equipped with rears only ) . it was easy enough if you have basic understanding how to use vcds. if you need any help with this please ask :)

here is how to :

Visual Parking Aid - if supported
[Select]
[76 - Park Assist]
[Coding - 07]
Change second digit to '2'
Example - Original code is 0001106 ... New code is 0201106
[Do it!]
Restart MMI and select reverse

visiual_parking_aid.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Hey Piotr,

Hope your well.

does the S-line sticker cover the whole surface of the control knob? Mine has started pealing the black rubber paint. I think I prefer the look of the sticker though any way.

Dan

i had the same problem so i have pealed off the rubber completely , there is black plastic underneath so it looks even better 

sline_sticker.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dan3222 said:

Would you tell me where you go the sticker from please. I would appreciate it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Audi-S-line-automatic-gear-knob-Badge-Emblem-Logo-Sticker-A3-A4-A6-Q5-Q7-A5-/281569251334?hash=item418ed5d006:g:Y-EAAOSwq7JULXdS

On 17/10/2017 at 10:22 PM, niedzial1983 said:

i have done a lot of research on vcds mods for my a6 . One of the first ones was to activate visual parking aid ( mine is equipped with rears only ) . it was easy enough if you have basic understanding how to use vcds. if you need any help with this please ask :)

here is how to :

Visual Parking Aid - if supported
[Select]
[76 - Park Assist]
[Coding - 07]
Change second digit to '2'
Example - Original code is 0001106 ... New code is 0201106
[Do it!]
Restart MMI and select reverse

visiual_parking_aid.jpg

Piotr can this be unlocked on my car we just about have the same car

5 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Mostt likely . Car needs to have pdc module with graphic support and you need vcds to code in 

how would i go about finding if i have pdc module with graphic support? would i first need a vcds cable i dont really know anything about this stuff

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

how would i go about finding if i have pdc module with graphic support? would i first need a vcds cable i dont really know anything about this stuff

you would need vcds to check what module you have or look on the actual module located in the boot under the trim right hand side

mine is :

76 Parking Assistance
    System description: Parkhilfe 4-Kan H09
    Software number: 4F0910283F
    Software version: 0060
    Hardware number: 4F0919283F
    Serial number: 06220619605716
    Coding: 0201106

types of modules available :

4F0 910 283 – 4 sensors, no graphics support

4F0 910 283 A – 8 sensors, no graphics support

4F0 910 283 B, D – 4 sensors, with graphics support

4F0 910 283 C – 8 sensors, with graphics support

4F0 910 283 F, L – 4 sensors, with graphics support, with camera support

4F0 910 283 E, G, H, P – 8 sensors, with graphics support, with camera support

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

nah dont have the correct one mine is 4f0 907 289 j after a little searching mine is a Comfort Control Module

Its not the comfort module . Its the parking assistance module that you need to check